Sunday, November 18, 2007

License Plate Sray Concealer

Sellerio 2007 "Man of the circles blue" - Einaudi 2007

From the back cover:
"Victor, bad luck, tomorrow is upon us." It is the phrase that has delighted the Parisians. Appears to be around four months to the mysterious blue circles drawn with chalk on the sidewalks at night. In the middle of the circle, a cap of beer, a pool of vomit, a lighter, a dog poop ... Journalists and psychiatrists disperses. Adamsberg think instead that there is nothing to laugh about. He knows. He feels it. That there is cruelty in circles. And wait. Wait in the middle of the blue circle appears on the first corpse.
I chose this book to start the blog for two reasons: I just finished reading it, and I am a great lover of yellow to Simenon, and discover a new writer like this is always a great pleasure for me.

The book I liked, but not enthusiastic, is the first written Vargas and probably feels: I think the story is too convoluted and the ending is a little pulled by the hair.
However I am curious about the writer and I've already bought another of his book "Who's dead hands up" ... we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment